Travelbound Booking Process
At Travelbound, you can rest assured that we will make your booking process as simple as possible. We will take care of much of the required administration, from detailed quotes and tailored itineraries to the documents collection; ensuring each step is easy and stress-free for the tour leader.
If you have seen a particular destination or tour in our brochure and would like further information or advice, there are three simple ways to contact us:
- Phone: Speak with one of our school tour specialists to have a chat about your requirements. +61 (03) 9245 7435 (Australia)
- Email: email@example.com
- Online: Alternatively you can look at our website, choose the tour you want and complete the online enquiry form via our brand new website www.travelboundeducation.com.au
Our website shows only some of the educational tours we offer, so if you cannot find what you are looking for please do not hesitate to call or email. If you would prefer, we are able to come to meet with you at your school to discuss your school trips.
- Working in consultation with you, we will develop a tailor-made tour quotation for your tour. Our bespoke itineraries are designed to suit your budget and meet your educational requirements which will link in with the current curriculum of the group.
- We will send you the quotation itinerary for you to review make changes and add or remove anything you think will be beneficial to your trip organisation. A requote process will then be applied until you are completely satisfied with the tour structure.
- Once you are happy with the structure of the itinerary, we will prepare the costings for you.
Place a ‘no obligation’ provisional booking with us which will be held for 3 weeks. This will enable you to promote the trip to your students. We will be happy to provide promotional material to ensure that you reach your desired group size.
- Set-up an information night with your school to present the tour to all students and parents who have registered interest for the tour
Within 3 weeks of making a provisional booking, send us your completed booking form and the relevant first deposit amount. Upon receiving your first deposit we will send you written confirmation of your booking along (Next Steps) with details of your payment structure.
Contact your dedicated Travelbound tour coordinator to let them know of your final numbers. We will also send you the (API) Advanced Passenger Information form which should be completed and returned to us within 16 weeks prior to departure. The second installment will be due approximately 2-3 months after the first deposit.
The final balance is due 10 weeks before departure. If for any reason this payment is delayed we reserve the right to apply an administrative charge of $20 AUD per person.
- Pre-departure meeting – 4 weeks before your tour departs we will host a pre-departure information night. During the course of the night we will cover safety, benefits and rewards of the trip, travel information, itinerary outline (day-by-day) and answer any questions raised.
We will send out all relevant travel documentation to you 2-3 weeks prior to departure, which will include your ticket wallets. Inside these wallets will be e-tickets, itineraries, travel information, destination specific knowledge, plus vital safety and contact information. Teachers and tour leaders will receive a variation of the pack, inclusive of all documentation necessary for the smooth running of the tour.
Please note: For any European tours that include transportation by ferry or Eurotunnel, your tickets will be issued on arrival at the port.
It’s finally time to leave! Make sure you have the passports with you, that everything is packed and that you have all necessary contact details of our 24 hour support network.
Upon your return from your incredible trip, we will organise a debrief session to hear all of your feedback, including the most memorable experiences as well as the less memorable ones.
Download your support document to help plan your school’s itinerary below or contact the team at TravelBound for letter templates and other material.
Safety & Risk Management
- Travelbound Education have exceptional systems in place and carry out risk assessments using the most reliable resources. We use an auditing process for all accommodation, excurious and transport providers. Our safety management system is externally verified every year by industry experts.
- Travelbound Education has the ultimate backing of our parent company Travelopia – The world’s largest leisure travel company operating in over 180 countries. It is reassuring for your school community that we are part of such a large organisation, especially in the current climate.
- We understand assessing the risks of a school tour can seem like a daunting process. As educational travel experts, we can offer advice on how to complete your specific risk assessments and health and safety forms. We can also provide assistance with the completion of paperwork which may be required by your local authority.
- Travelbound is always on-hand to support you with every aspect of your tour. Our attention to detail and personal service is what sets us apart from the rest.
- Your group will have direct access to the Travelbound 24-hour duty office that provides support for our travelling School Leaders and overseas staff at all times. Resources include full emergency procedures and protocol, access to independent experts. Rest assured that we will provide around the clock support for your group.